St. Ambrose Catholic School is a parish elementary school located on the Hill, serving children from kindergarten to eighth grade.
School hours: 7:45 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Founded in 1906, during a time when many children only finished fifth grade, St. Ambrose School was established to educate children through eighth grade.
More than a century later, St. Ambrose School embraced all that Catholic education asks and gives to a child. Through its unique heritage and commitment to combining the best of the new methods with the best of tradition, St. Ambrose School emphasizes:
1. Discipline by means of promoting self-discipline.
2. Intellectual, moral, social, cultural, and physical growth to promote the integrity of education as it is dedicated to the development and maturity of the whole person.
3. Prayer, the Mass, the Sacraments and spiritual life. In a Catholic School, the development of the mind and body must be matured simultaneously.
St. Ambrose School urges families to support the school and embrace the spirit of the Parish. Tradition is a vital part of the Hill neighborhood and legacy. We are proud of our traditions and look forward to the future with enthusiasm and energy.
To serve the spiritual, academic and personal needs of children and their families. We provide a quality education by fostering creativity, divergent thinking and the skills needed to meet the challenges of a changing world. We prepare children to be examples of Christ in the global community by educating in a spirit of understanding, peace, and tolerance.
The St. Ambrose School community recognizes the parents as primary educators of their children and endeavors to help them fulfill their obligations and realize their hopes.
- Develop students’ abilities and talents in accordance with individual potentials.
- Promote self-discipline and foster a positive self-image in aiding the student in his or her development as a responsible, caring person.
- Stress the importance of personal faith in building a community of love, which will affect and serve every facet of society. Through instruction, guidance, and development of faith, students can experience learning and living, fully integrated in the Light of Faith.
Gospel Values Instill Respect
St. Ambrose School fosters a climate based on Gospel values that emphasize the dignity of and respect for all persons.
To visit St. Ambrose School, please call Linda Gambaro at 314-772-1437.
Comments are closed.